TO COMPARE THE USEFULNESS OF X-RAYS AND ULTRASOUND IN THE DIAGNOSIS OF NON TRAUMATIC WRIST JOINT PAIN.

Authors

  • Rahul Mishra Dept. of Radio Diagnosis, Shyam Shah Medical College, Rewa (M.P.)
  • Sanjeev Kumar Sharma Dept. of Radio Diagnosis, Shyam Shah Medical College, Rewa (M.P.)

DOI:

https://doi.org/10.32553/ijmbs.v5i1.1700

Keywords:

x-rays, ultrasound, non traumatic & wrist.

Abstract

Background & Method: This study conducted in Department of Radio diagnosis Shyam Shah Medical College, Rewa (M.P.) A study performed in Ages >25 yrs and both sexes included in the study. All patients with wrist joint pain examined by the orthopedic OPD & IPD and referred to the dept. of radio-diagnosis.

Result: Cross sectional statistical analysis of ultrasound findings of affected wrist joint of study subjects based on numbers and percentages from table, reveals 98% of subjects had no joint involvement and the rest 2% of subjects had joint involvement. The frequency of case detection from USG was more 124(62%) compared to X- Ray 18(9%), the difference was found to be statistically significant (P =.00001).

Conclusion: US is an useful instrument to complement the physical examination of RA patients. The method is quick and safe. The GS/pD scales are helpful to detect early synovitis and US is also sensitive in the identification of bone erosions in rheumatoid arthritis. US imaging can be considered superior to X-rays in the diagnosis of non traumatic wrist joint pain.

Keywords: x-rays, ultrasound, non traumatic & wrist.

Study Designed: Observational Study.

Downloads

Published

2021-02-02

How to Cite

Mishra, R. ., & Sharma, S. K. . (2021). TO COMPARE THE USEFULNESS OF X-RAYS AND ULTRASOUND IN THE DIAGNOSIS OF NON TRAUMATIC WRIST JOINT PAIN. International Journal of Medical and Biomedical Studies, 5(1). https://doi.org/10.32553/ijmbs.v5i1.1700

Issue

Section

Articles